Posted on November 6, 2018.
(Press release) KTM’s rally experts have brought out the big guns for hardcore adventurers. They’ve packed 1301 cc into the world’s most advanced travel enduro chassis. Ready to rumble on any terrain, the 2019 KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R is the ultimate offroad travel enduro for exploring the trail less traveled – the tougher, the better. With plenty of suspension travel and 21″ front wheel, the highest-performing fully offroad capable travel enduro on the market is ready to back up the promise made by its breathtaking KISKA design and authentic rally looks at any time. KTM MY RIDE, now available with GPS navigation, motorcycle stability control (MSC) with lean-angle sensitive ABS and motorcycle traction control (MTC) make up the class-leading rider aids available as standard.
2019 KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE R HIGHLIGHTS
- Fully-adjustable WP USD front forks with separate compression and rebound systems for offroad domination.
- Fully adjustable WP PDS (Progressive Damping System) rear monoshock for greater control and bottoming resistance.
- Tubeless 21- and 18-inch wheels fitted with Continental TKC 80 tires for excellent offroad performance with sure-foot street manners.
- Highly developed LC8 V-Twin with dual-plug ignition, cutting-edge Keihin engine management, electronic fuel injection, Ride-by-Wire technology and slipper clutch.
- Motorcycle Stability Control (MSC) package with multi-mode Combined ABS, ride mode technology and multi-mode traction control (MTC).
- Four-mode traction control (MTC) including Sport, Street, Offroad and Rain settings allow the rider to fine tune the power application in any situation.
- Offroad ABS mode allows for dirt-specific ABS application on the front wheel while disengaging the rear ABS for brake slides and total control in the dirt.
- Strong trellis frame made from chrome-molybdenum steel for optimal handling on the street and in the dirt.
- LED headlight with integrated cornering lights and daytime running light.
- 6.5-inch TFT dash contains all the important information clearly with a bright and vibrant display.
- Optional Travel Pack adds Hill Hold Control (HHR), Motor Slip Regulation (MSR) and Quickshifter + (up and down clutchless shifting).
- KTM MY RIDE connects the TFT dash via Bluetooth for control and display of incoming calls and audio.
- Waterproof phone compartment keeps your smartphone dry on the road, while charging via an integrated USB socket.
- KTM RACE ON Remote keyless system allows the rider to start the KTM 1290 ADVENTURE R, lock the steering and open the gas cap without using a key.
- Windshield adjustment is easy to use with one hand.
- Auto-reset turn signals.
- Integrated pannier mounts.
- New graphics for a more aggressive look.
Engine Type: 2-Cylinder, 4-Stroke, 75° V-Twin, DOHC
Displacement: 1301 cc
Bore/Stroke: 108/71 mm
Starter: Electric; 12V 11.2Ah
Transmission: 6 Gears
Fuel System: Keihin EFI, 52 mm Throttle Bodies
Lubrication: Pressure Lubrication, 3 Eaton Pumps
Cooling: Liquid Cooling
Clutch: PASC Slipper Clutch, Hydraulically Operated
Ignition: Keihin EMS with Ride-By-Wire, Dual Ignition
Frame: Chrome-moly Steel Trellis
Subframe: Aluminum, Powder Coated
Handlebar: Aluminum, Tapered, Ø 28/22 mm
Front Suspension: WP USD Ø 48 mm
Rear Suspension: WP PDS Monoshock
Suspension Travel Front/Rear: 220 mm / 8.7 in; 220 mm / 8.7 in
Front/Rear Brakes: Disc Brake 320 mm / 267 mm
Front/Rear Wheels: 2.50 x 21”, 4.50 x 18”
Front/Rear Tires: 90/90-21”; 150/70-18”
Steering Head Angle: 26º
Wheelbase: 1,580 mm ± 15 mm / 62.2 ± 0.6 in
Ground Clearance: 250 mm / 9.8 in
Seat Height: 890 mm / 35 in
Tank Capacity: 23 l / 6.1 gal
Dry Weight, Approx: 217 kg / 478.4 lbs
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.